Our client are revolutionizing the way medical devices are designed and manufactured by making use of the flexibility gained from using Additive Manufacturing techniques. These techniques are demonstrating great impact and future potential, and as a result, our client are seeking a highly motivated engineer to help apply and develop innovative solutions to unmet clinical and business needs using Additive Manufacturing.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to execute the following functions:
- Provide engineering and material solutions to unmet clinical and business needs using Additive Manufacturing or 3D printing.
- Work closely with other team members to identify new product applications and overcome technical challenges related to the implementation of additive manufacturing for these applications.
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering design principles and material processing skills and apply this understanding towards solving practical problems.
- Be familiar with performing metallurgical characterization and testing, particularly in relation to Titanium and its alloys.
- Demonstrated experience in Additive Manufacturing or 3D printing equipment and relevant software packages.
- Demonstrated experience with Material testing and characterization for metals or polymers highly desired.
- Lead the builds of prototype iterations, process development and production equivalent components for use in V&V testing.
- Basic project management skills are also desired in implementing a complete battery of tests necessary to support the proof of concept, operations process validation and regulatory submission.
Demonstrated technical writing skills.
Standard Engineering duties as required.