Before the phone, we had letters.
Before the car, we had horses.
Before the television, we had conversations.
Over the years, exploration and innovation has led to the extraordinary technologically-advanced society we live in today - and the evolution continues.
A leading global player in the Medical field of Additive Manufacturing has an opportunity for a Senior Engineer in Research and Development to optimise and improve new methods of manufacturing and characterisations of materials. Focusing on Polymers, this role includes process parameter development, identifying direct effects on the machine, such as temperatures and air flow.
- Provide engineering and material solutions to unmet clinical and business needs using Additive Manufacturing or 3Dprinting.
- Work closely with other team members to identify new product applications and overcome technical challenges related to the implementation of additive manufacturing for these applications.
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering design principles and material processing skills and apply this understanding towards solving practical problems.
- Demonstrated experience in Additive Manufacturing or 3D printing equipment and relevant software packages.
- Demonstrated experience with Material testing and characterization for metals or polymers highly desired.
- Lead the builds of prototype iterations, process development and production equivalent components for use in V&V testing.
- Basic project management skills are also desired in implementing a complete battery of tests necessary to support the proof of concept, operations process validation and regulatory submission.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Standard engineering duties as required.
- Strong material science background – particularly chemistry
- 3+ years of experience with labbased or analytical research in the medical device industry, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of metal based Additive Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding of new technology and product development processes.
- Demonstrated experience with physical or analytical based research tools.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to complex discovery based research initiatives from concept through final recommendation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver aspects of innovative analytical, test or process solutions in the research arena.
If you’re interested in this job then send in your CV or call us on 01257 268273 for more details!