Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
A company specialising in subsea operations and engineering is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join its team in Aberdeen to provide software engineering design solutions and through-life engineering support to the commercial & defence product ranges working as the technical lead for the software engineering team.
The workload can vary from creating software for new product design to meet client or internal specifications to supporting an existing client’s request to upgrade or change the software in the field. This includes the maintenance of an extensive library of legacy code.
In addition to the technical requirements above the Senior Engineer role also requires a level of management and leadership in order to ensure the team is delivering to meet departmental and company expectations.
· Provide software engineering design input to new products.
· Provide software engineering support to the existing product range.
· Assess technical queries and provide software engineering solutions to a wide-ranging products portfolio.
· Liaise with internal departments such as sales, procurement, and production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances.
· Creation of software engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, test plans, reports, and manuals.
· Ensuring software engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget.
· Adherence to global engineering end-to-end process and sub processes.
· Site visits to other offices and client assets as and when required.
· Maintenance and development of company standards and processes for software version control
· Management of software team on performance, development, allocation/delegation of work, compliance to internal and external standards & regulations as well as day to day management such as approval of holidays, sickness leave, and time reporting.
Who we are looking for
· Relevant experience in an industrial software and firmware design environment in a senior position
· Extensive experience in embedded software (MPLAB, ST32) development, test and debug
· Extensive experience with high-level development languages – preferably one or more of PowerBASIC, VB, C# and C++, Dynamic C and C.
· Good software development knowledge including version control using Azure DevOps and Agile development techniques
· Experience with network protocol UDP
· Experience with serial comms protocols over RS485/232, CAN
· Experience with SQL server/client database applications
· Experience with user interface MVC framework
· Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins
· Experience with documentation using online Wiki
Experience with the following would be advantageous
· Product design
· Siemens STEP7 PLC coding would be advantageous
· Embedded software in safety-critical applications
· Previous diving equipment design experience would be advantageous
· Software / Computer Science / Electrical/electronic engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
· Any relevant diving qualifications would be advantageous
· Methodical and thorough whilst generating and checking documentation.
· Ability to adapt to changing scope or client demands.
· Willingness to take ownership and accountability of tasks and drive to completion.
· Focused on delivering high-quality output to tight deadlines and willing to go the extra mile to ensure success is achieved.
· Focused on delivering cost-efficient solutions on time and on budget
Click apply or speak to James Field at 01257 244748 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org