Job: Senior Test & Evaluation Engineer
A company in the Engineering and Technology industry are looking to hire a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer to join their team. You will coordinate and perform test work in one or more global Test & Evaluation laboratory facilities.
The company are looking for you to play a meaningful role in drawing upon product and test methodology expertise to develop detailed test plans and project schedules for New Product Development, Product Improvement, Cost Reduction and other comparable projects. In addition, you will be responsible for designing and procuring outstanding product test fixtures, documenting test methods and results, and drawing logical conclusions based on findings.
If you’re constantly looking to develop yourself and would like to research and coordinate various laboratory facility upgrades and improvements, then you’ll need:
• BS Degree in Engineering required. BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• Relevant engineering experience with fluid mechanics and knowledge of flow testing methods Proven extensive knowledge of pressure management devices and technologies strongly preferred
• Proven experience operating pressurized test equipment including function and flow testing on air, steam and water
• Solid understanding of Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Computer Aided Design, 3D Printing and/or Minitab preferred.
• Interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience of product certification with relevant approval bodies in accordance with National and International Pressure Vessel Codes and Pressure Relief Device Standards
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%) to work with and develop engineering staff.
• Run function and flow testing of Safety Relief Valves and the day to day running of the test laboratory at Manchester
• Demonstrate a high regard for all facets of laboratory safety and contribute to ensure self and others are following safety protocols.
• Interpret Marketing Requirement Specifications and industry standards to develop and execute detailed test plans required for product validation.
• Test and evaluate design and application related product problems for assigned products, customer issues and other requests. Evaluate product improvements, cost reductions and recommend changes as required.
• Plan, organize and coordinate activities on assigned projects. Lead functional teams on complex projects with moderate supervision.
• Apply deep knowledge of measurement technologies and methods, Data Acquisition, 5S, gauge repeatability and reproducibility, measurement uncertainty and design of experiments
• Actively research and report on groundbreaking technologies or technologies new to the business and initiate technology development upon management approval.
Click to apply or speak to James Field at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 244748