Job Title: Service Engineer
Location: Southern California
Salary: $65k - $80k
Travel: 75% +
Hours: Mon - Fri (8am - 5pm)
One of the world’s largest manufacturers of cutting tools is looking to hire a Service Engineer to be based in Southern California and willing to travel up to 75%.
Ideally, you will have experience of creating and updating documentation of technical information, as well as developing, preparing, generating and analyzing ongoing and ad-hoc special reports that pertain to service.
You will demonstrate a willingness to help others and be an active team members, often working together with the Customer Service Engineers. You will also provide assistance and trying the engineers on the installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
You should establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with the customers, and sometimes manage difficult customer situations in a positive manner, responding promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback in order to improve service.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in technical related field of study preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of machine tools.
- Experience working with Additive Equipment, preferably DED or L-PBF
- Good verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service orientation.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate in person and over the phone with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and sequence (PLC) ladder diagrams.
- Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Exposure to manufacturing/machining environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
Click apply or speak to James Field for further information:
T: +44 (0)1257 244748