Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning Lead (SIOP)
Reports to: Materials Manager
A manufacturing business that helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers to maximise their production is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Specialist.
Job Responsibilities (Sales):
- Act as key point of contact, whilst maintaining and building strong relationships
- Define the plant and product strategy and roadmap to maximise our relationship with the internal global sales offices to achieve bookings performance and ensure market needs are being met.
- Gather and prioritize product and internal customer requirements to maximise order bookings
- Seek feedback globally to barriers for order booking growth
- Partner with product management to ensure all internal sales offices have the tools they require
- Partner with Strategic Purchasing and Supply Chain to develop an inventory and purchasing strategy for spares and supplied materials based on user demand patterns and market requirements to improve material availability and product offering.
- Partner with the value stream leaders to develop quick shipment, emergency, and critical product lines which can be satisfied from robust inventory management whether with suppliers or in-house
- Lead and implement a spares strategy to offer short lead time (premium price) and standard lead time offerings to increase sales in high-margin products in partnership with supply chain and operations.
- Lead on the implementation of quick ship programmes in partnership with Supply Chain, Operations, and Engineering, including communication, roll out and ensure that technical support, training, and marketing material is provided.
- Coordinate the different functions to produce quarterly scalable delivery matrices for all products and ensure the global rollout including training, advice, and guidance.
- Develop a process map of the manufacturing process from quotation to cash for all value streams and identify opportunities for improvements and execution
- Partner with Product Management and Plant to ensure modifications and ‘engineer to order’ production is available in the global price list and published delivery matrices.
- Working with Operations and Engineering ensures all products have the necessary certification.
- Coordinate, design and implement an RDSL improvement programme by partnering with all plant functions to enhance the customer experience and enable the sales offices to secure higher prices.
- Develop RDSL investigations and actions process to ensure failure causes are identified and eradicated in the future. Ensure customers understand implemented changes that enhance the service to them.
- Work closely with Sales, Quoting, Project Management, Operations, Supply Chain, and Product Management teams to optimize performance to customers and develop a process to achieve perfect execution and achievement of customer request date (90% plus).
- Partner with the sales order planning team to drive improvements in materials availability planning, data management, and ensuring that all production lines have what they need when they need it.
- Take an active role in Perfect Execution activities as required. Whilst undertaking duties, ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to (including HSE and Quality).
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Have full authority to communicate with the sales offices, implement initiatives based on their feedback and co-ordinate workshops with all functions
- Present updates and initiatives to managers, directors, and Vice Presidents as required
- Development of KPIs and action plans/logs
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and /or matrix organization
- Technical sales background would be desirable
- Project Management and Process Improvement
- Commercial, product promotion, and training experience
- IT Skills – good ERP/ MS office &
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing at all levels of the business
- SAP and manufacturing ERP systems would be desirable
Important Working Relationships (Key Internal and External Clients or Contacts)
- Global Sales Teams
- Strategic Purchasing
- Supply Chain
- Project Management
- Quoting Engineering
- Global product management
- Pricing, size, and selection teams
- Plans & Aligns
- Action Orientated
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
Click apply or speak to James Field for the full detail at email@example.com