Role: Software Controls Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
Are you intrigued by the world of 3D printing and ever wondered what it’s like to play a part in this innovative industry?
If you’re experienced within a Software Controls position and have a background working in engineering or manufacturing, then this could be your opportunity to step into AM.
A metal 3D printing company are looking for a Software Controls Engineer to join their engineering department and will get involved with integrating the company’s 3D printers. The position encompasses hardware communication, operator interface, and 3D model manipulation and visualization.
- Develop and implement code for controlling 3D printers
- Develop control system software
- Integrate electro-mechanical systems so that they work seamlessly together
- Test and debug source code
- Work closely with the engineering and R&D departments to add features to the printers
- Assist with maintaining and optimizing code for existing 3D printers
- Follow best practices for software version control and documentation
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours if necessary
- Devise and perform tests to identify the root cause of issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or other relevant subject fields
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- Experience with Siemens PLC or motion controllers
- Experience with the OpenGL API
- Knowledge of the Polygonica library
- Familiarity developing machine controls for complex systems
- Experience within AM is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
Click to apply or speak to Liam Atkinson for further details at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 268273