Job Title: Strategic Buyer
Location: Greater Manchester
Are you confident in reducing costs, improving on-time delivery, and using SAP?
If you have worked in an engineering machining environment previously and have experience of the above, then this Strategic Buyer opportunity may be of interest.
The company in question aims to deliver automation solutions to multiple industries and for this position they’re looking for someone who can lead the strategic sourcing activities, including defining and implementing a supply-chain strategy for the Manchester plant.
- Execute category strategies to reach annual targets for: On-time delivery performance; Lead-time; Payment terms; Cost savings; and Supplier consolidation.
- Run sourcing projects by negotiating commercial terms and conditions with the suppliers: price lists, discounts, rebates, payment terms, RDSL, contracts, mitigate price increase requests within the delegation of authority.
- Ensure reliability of supply by resolving supply issues and developing supply chain risk mitigation and contingency plans, to improve material availability.
- Supplier performance. Conduct regular reviews with key suppliers for driving continuous improvements.
- Performs total cost analysis to identify improvement opportunities for low-performance suppliers
- Be the point of escalation for the Tactical purchasing team and Operations for recurring and escalated supplier performance issues like deliveries and quality, supporting plant needs.
- Coordinates collaboration efforts between suppliers and Material Requirement Planners, Engineering, Quality to drive initiatives that will ensure material availability.
- Take an active role in Perfect Execution activities as required.
- Whilst undertaking duties, ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to (including HSE and Quality).
The company is looking for the following core values:
- Customer Focus
- Plans & Aligns
- Action Orientated
- Drives Results
- Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
Click apply or speak to James Field for further detail at:
T: 01257 244748