We are looking for an individual for a development opportunity within a Tier 1 Aerospace organisation. Whilst this isn’t a Graduate position, our client has the capabilities to develop your career with both ad-hoc and structured training, with further internal progression opportunities as you develop your knowledge and experience within Stress Engineering.
Typically, your day may include the following:
- Producing stress substantiations using analytical methods.
- Producing stress substantiations using numerical methods, setting up cost effective FE models and providing engineering judgements on the results.
- Defining physical product tests through liaison with the Test and Instrumentation Engineers
- Analysing the results obtained from physical testing to ensure that they support the results from structural analyses and to produce the associated test reports.
- Providing structural analysis on design proposals and engineering change proposals, by comparing the strength of a structure to applied loads to ensure product integrity and airworthiness.
- Proposing methods and techniques to support structural optimisation.
You’ll also be working across various departments, providing structural substantiation to support new designs, in-service equipment and research and technology programmes.
Within this role, we are looking for you to have prior Stress Analysis experience, Aerospace isn’t a necessity but would be advantageous. Ideally, you’ll have experience in Nastran but further training can be provided. You’ll also be proficient in performing hand calculations and knowledgeable in reporting.
Should you have any further questions or wish to apply for the position, please feel free to contact us on 01257 244 744.