Job Title: Structural Engineer
We are hiring for an experienced Structural Engineer who will play a leading role in the development of new and existing products. The company in question specialise in fabricated, composite and mechanically fastened metals for the defence industry. The successful candidate will develop concepts and designs working closely with the design team and will play a crucial role through prototyping, testing, trials and reporting.
You will be responsible for the structural integrity of the Company’s products to meet specification, legislative and safety requirements. You will analyse stress and fatigue as well as solve manufacturing problems to make sure that the process is not compromised.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or relevant subject
- Thorough understanding of structural behaviour and material properties
- Proven experience of developing new designs and with a minimum of 5 years in FEA simulation (Ansys preferably)
- Understanding of technical documents incl. drawings
- Can use 3D solid modelling software, ideally Solid Edge or Spaceclaim
- Willingness to travel (UK and overseas)
Click apply or speak to James Field for further details at:
Tel: 01257 244748