A Technical Consultant is required to join my clients rapidly growing Consulting division, a world leader in Innovation, Research and Application of Generative Design and Additive Manufacturing.
The team is focused on providing a complete "end-to-end" solution for their customers in Additive Manufacturing, through their unique workflows and processes. Focused on delivering exceptional Engineering Solutions in Design, Simulation, Optimization for Additive Manufacturing, the Advanced Consulting Team is a trail blazer when it comes to innovation and out of the box thinking.
Based from their office in Michigan, you will be working as part of an Advanced Consulting Team to innovate new design solutions using Additive Manufacturing. In particular, you will be focused on developing and using advanced design, optimization and simulation techniques to create multi-functional parts for the Automotive Industry.
• Execute tasks on consulting projects pertinent to Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
• Design Generative and Additive Products
• Assess designs for AM suitability through build preparation and build simulation
• Investigate new methods and techniques which improve AM process technology
• Manage tasks, liaise with customers and internal stakeholders
• Assist with conceptual and engineering design tasks using Autodesk Design Suite
• Assist with various simulation tasks using FEA, CFD, Optimization
• Assist with research projects in additive manufacturing processes and materials testing
• Work at customer’s site as and when required, approx. 4 days per week, Work From Home optional 2 days per month
• Bachelor degree or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science or Manufacturing Engineering
1. Extensive Knowledge of Design for Additive Manufacturing
2. Knowledge of Additive Manufacturing
3. Appreciation of Structural Design Principles and fundamentals of mechanics and math
4. Must have 2+ years industrial experience in the Automotive Sector
5. Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Design, CAD, Additive Manufacturing and Simulation Techniques
6. Full driving license