Job Title: Technical Quality Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40k + benefits
A well-renowned nuclear company is hiring a Technical Quality Engineer, and this role is best aligned to a Senior/Quality Engineering position. You will be working with the HPC Supply Chain to deliver critical support documentation and process approval.
SQEP RSO's will have a more engaged interaction with the construction of the LTQR's, supporting the Quality Management Leads in their day-to-day interaction with the supply chain ensuring that the LTQR's and other Quality related activities meet expectations with interactions that would include:
- Reviewing and ensuring the Partitioning Strategy meets expectations
- Reviewing draft Quality reports examples: EoR's, ITP's, Fuds etc.
- LTQR's are being progressively delivered
- Attending Test's at suppliers, review LTQR documentation at the point of completion, witness tests, sign ITP's, check calibration, and any other conditions that may be necessary
- Mentoring the non-SQEP RSO's and proving support were required
- Develop Conducting Check sheet audits plan and conduct said audits (already under development) on the Projects they are working on
- Reviewing the work being undertaken by the non-SQEP RSO's.
- Reviewing LODs with their QML and PM's to ensure the LoDs meet expectations.
- Provide regular (possibly weekly) updates on the progress, issues, and risks discovered during their interaction both to the DRAC Manager and PM/QML.
- Carrying out ‘informal surveillance’ of items which can be fed into the QML/ PM if any problems are found for further investigation.
- Minimum of six years’ relevant work experience in quality roles (typically at the Quality Engineer level), with emphasis on records review.
- Relevant technical (preferably quality) degree or equivalent professional qualifications sufficient to demonstrate competency assessment. This should be an engineering background (a time-served engineer and/or HNC/degree qualified)
- Or an engineering non-qualified person with a history of NDE certificates, paint Inspection tickets, 18th edition wiring qualifications with auditing experience (Internal auditor as a minimum.
- Or have QA experience.
It is expected that the SQEP RSO's will come from a range of disciplines which will provide a broad knowledge base that the team can call upon when needed
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Dress down Fridays
Click apply or speak to James Field for the full details at:
Tel: 0127 244748