Job Title: Training and Field Service Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An additive manufacturing company that provides AM systems and materials to the market is committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining. The company is looking to hire a full-time skilled Training and Field Service Engineer. This person would fill a hybrid role as both a technical trainer and field support person when necessary. In this role you would provide on-site training to customers and reseller partners around the world and be a point of escalation for support and repair of the printers. The successful candidate is also required to demonstrate 3D printing capabilities and solutions to our prospects and customers and must efficiently operate all industrial 3D printers in the lab area, produce quality benchmark and sample parts for the pre-sales process.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers in support of products.
- Clearly and professionally interact with internal and external customers to provide “Best in Class” service and maximize customer experience.
- Determine the tools and equipment required to perform the scope of work.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop training plans for employees and customers.
- Assist staff and/or sub-contractors to resolve complex machine operation problems.
- Telephone, email, and on-site troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Resolve service level issues, directly or indirectly, with customers
- Communicate effectively with customers to promote products, learn about equipment faults, and explain procedures, answer questions and address complaints.
- Exchange diagnostic and troubleshooting information with appropriate department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel up to 75% of the time.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred, will accept an Associate Degree from Technical College or equivalent Military Technical Training and 3+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing 3D printing equipment and software is a plus but will train the right person
- Minimum of 3-year field service or on-site technical training experience.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills, highly effective under pressure, and in demanding situations.
- Hands-on aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems as pertains to additive manufacturing
- Ability to deliver training content in an engaging and meaningful way for both internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, schematic drawings, and other technical documents required for the position.
- Ability to read and understand a wide variety of manuals for set-up, calibration, operating, repair, maintenance, testing, and quality.
- Able to prioritize projects and drive them to a conclusion.
- Ability to evaluate the severity of equipment faults and anomalies considering all possible scenarios
- Ability to work independently performing training, service, and repair tasks as needed.
- Ability to use communications software and possess above-average computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate motivation and continuous learning to update technical training skills
- Experience in the Additive Manufacturing or 3D Printing industry is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb
Click apply or speak to Liam Atkinson for the full details at:
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 268273